Monday, January 25, 2010

Back to normal, I mean the good normal :)

Things are getting back to normal I guess.
The kids pretty much act like Jan wasn't gone at all, but Leeann gets nervous when he leaves the house, she keeps asking me if he's going back on a plane to "Ghanistan". It's so hard to explain that he's here for now but not forever. Does a 4 year old have any concept of time? Do I get the fact that he's not here for that long? Do I wanna get it?
For now I just pretend there is no such thing as future deployments and enjoy the time together as a family.
Tomorrow we're planning a little trip to Wickenburg. I just love Wickenburg, it's such a small cute town with a lot of little shops and restaurants and we all really need to get out of the house.
The last week was rainy and we had to stay inside for way too long, we all have a little bit of cabin fever. Rainy is an understatement, the backyard and the playground around the corner were totally flooded, you could have gone for a swim on the playground, I'm serious, Leeann would have if I had let her!
Jan is going back to work next week and everything is going back to normal like he wasn't gone at all. I can't believe he was gone for 7 months... Thank God it's over :)

No comments:

Post a Comment