Wednesday, January 27, 2010

I'm getting ready to move

And we're not really moving, at least not yet. We don't have orders and we don't have any idea when it will be time to move again. But I catch myself preparing the house and myself for a move all the time.
Is that a military spouse syndrome? Or maybe it's because we moved after 3 years from our last base in Germany, and now we're here for 2 1/2 years? I sort through stuff, thinking about what's worth moving and what is not, every time we make new friends I think "I'll sure miss them after the move." And here is the weird thing, right now moving is not a scary thing for me at all (I'm sure it will be as soon as it gets real, there are movers in my house and I have to say goodbye to all the people who are like family to me). Right now, I'm actually excited to move. It's hard to explain, I really like it here, we have great friends, I love our church, we just moved to Surprise and I really like the house and the neighborhood, I even like the base (although it's a lot smaller then Ramstein of course). I'm not so sure if I like the weather but that's not enough reason to actually want to move.
I think it's just because I know that moving is part of military life and I want to be ready, I don't want to be taken by surprise, so when Jan comes home with new orders I can say "okay" and be actually excited about starting over some place else.
I never liked it when people are complaining all the time, don't get me wrong a lot of people have reason to complain but if you chose to marry someone who is active duty you just have to try and make things work. Right, I say that now, I probably whined my friends ears bloody while Jan was gone.
Anyway, I'm trying, I'm still complaining too much but hey, I'm German, what do you expect :)

No comments:

Post a Comment