Monday, February 8, 2010

Dirty Jobs

I can't tell you how wonderful it is just to sit on the couch and watch Dirty Jobs with hubby. It's not even half as funny without Jan. If you haven't watched it yet, you should. Mike Rowe is just hilarious and I didn't even know there were so many dirty jobs out there. Today Mike is working on an ostrich farm.
Slowly we're getting back into a routine here, last week was just complete chaos. Jan went back to work on Wednesday and for some reason in the 3 weeks he has been back, I already forgot what to do with the kids and myself all day. So I kind of let the house go and myself. Now everything is getting back in control. I can't stand a messy house. At least not any more, before Leeann was born I didn't care, I don't know what changed but I just can't stand it anymore and I'm glad I can't.

We're trying to figure out right now when we'll finally be able to go back to Germany for a few weeks. We'll have to see if/when Jan will deploy and when he'll be able to get leave long enough. My cousin is getting married this summer, so it would be great if we could make it to the wedding. I have a huge extended family and I'm pretty sure all of them will be invited. In the summer Jan hasn't been to Germany for 3 years, I haven't been there for 2 years.
I can't wait to see my mom again for the first time after her diagnosis. Another reason why I can't wait to go home and see everyone again: I realized how fragile life is, how fast it can all change. People keep telling you this but you don't realize it until something happens to you or your family. I'm thankful that this something was something curable these days. And for some reason I believe that my mom will fully recover.
I'm just happy, content and grateful right now to have Jan back by my side :)

No comments:

Post a Comment