Tuesday, February 16, 2010

Valentine's Day :)

Wow, it's been over a week since I last posted something! I've just been extremely busy, mostly in a good way. The weekend was great! We had a CCV neighborhood BBQ at the park Saturday afternoon, then we had our night out Saturday too. It was great, we went to The Cheesecake Factory for the first time. The food was just delicious, and the cheesecake...yum! It's not cheap though, we paid about 70 $ in the end, it's for special occasions only :)
Then Sunday, Valentines Day, was beautiful too. Our church had the official grand opening party (we just moved into a new building) with a BBQ and bouncy castle, it was fun! We had A LOT of hot dogs this weekend, I think I'm done with those for a while.
Our church had childcare for Valentines Day from 4 to 8, so Jan and I went out again. I have to tell our children's pastor what a great idea that was, I think it was the first time since we have kids that we actually got to go out on Valentine's Day. We went to Ground Control first and had coffee and appetizers which were great, real Italian, like the food I remember eating as a kid when I was on vacation in south Italy, not easy to get that kind of food here! After Ground Control we went to the West Gate Area and I had a waaaay to expensive Martini that wasn't good at all. Anyway, Jan and I had a lot of time to talk and I think we both enjoyed it a lot.
Talking about Jan, he just got home so I have to go. Both kids are napping btw, I can't believe it!

No comments:

Post a Comment