Wednesday, February 3, 2010

pets

For years now we've been thinking about a pet. We always wanted a dog because Jan and I both were never allowed to have a dog when we were kids. When I was little, the apartment we lived in didn't allow pets, at least not dogs and cats and my dad didn't want to have pets at all. I HATED it, I was lucky enough to get a bird and later a turtle but I always missed having a pet to touch and play with. I remember I daydreamed for hours about having a dog.
But we're not sure about getting one now since we are moving a lot and that's probably not gonna change for another 15 years or so.
Leeann just started asking for a Bearded Dragon because her friend Hailey has one. Bearded Dragons are pretty high maintenance though and we are traveling a lot (to visit family in Tennessee, Idaho and Germany) and it's gonna be next to impossible to take the dragon and I'm not sure if we could just ask someone to take care of such a complicated little lizard...Asking someone to take care of a dog would probably be less complicated and demanding (especially if that person has a dog too, and A LOT of people do).
So, we have no idea what to do, for now it seems like a good idea to not get a pet at all. We just wanna make sure whatever little animal we chose will have a good life with us.
I think we're gonna wait a little while but at some point we will go ahead and adopt a puppy. I know that my husband feels the same way, we're just gonna wait another few years or so, we'll be fine :)

No comments:

Post a Comment